NY Times’ “Crosswords With the Stars”. - July 12, 2017 What fun! To celebrate the 75th anniversary of the New York Times Crossword puzzle, they’ve tipped their hat to “Dancing With the Stars” by teaming celebrities up with regular crossword contributors to make “Crosswords With the Stars”. Ok, they don’t call it that, but I’ve got on too much makeup, hair extensions, and … Continue reading NY Times’ “Crosswords With the Stars”.
Two Women Walk Into a Club: Melissa Leo and Ari Graynor - New York Times – May 24, 2017 – By DAVE ITZKOFF GRAYNOR I was aware of the importance of Elayne Boosler, and she seemed to be a singular woman on this scene and within this community. How much she was everyone’s friend, lover, mother, cousin, teacher. There’s a parallel, in that I’m the lone female comic, but who … Continue reading Two Women Walk Into a Club: Melissa Leo and Ari Graynor
Showtime’s ‘I’m Dying Up Here’ finds the drama in comedy - [The book's] focus was Mitzi Shore, her Comedy Store and the comics who played there in the 1970s, including Richard Lewis, David Letterman, Robin Williams, Elayne Boosler, Jay Leno, Tim Reid and Tom Dreesen...
A Look Back at the ’70s L.A. Club Scene That Gave Rise to Comedy Legends - Brooklynite Elayne Boosler got her start in New York club circuit and became a regular headliner at the Improv. In the spring of 1976, she moved to L.A. to chase the rising scene and found herself among many of the comic pals she’d made in New York.
Staying Power: Elayne Boosler — Tampa Bay Times - A lot of comedians make a name for themselves by going loud, branding themselves almost literally into our brains. Elayne Boosler has always preferred topical, provocative and clever, and it's worked for 40 years.
Comedian Elayne Boosler brings show to Murray Theatre - Monday, Feb. 27, 2017 | TBNWeekly.com Comedian Elayne Boosler will bring her routine to Pinellas County with one show Thursday, March 9 in the Murray Theatre at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater.
The All-Time Best Standup Comics On Cannabis, #50-41 - Comedians have always pushed boundaries and questioned social taboos, so it’s no surprise that so many of them have become part of cannabis culture — whether intentional or not.
50 Best Stand-Up Comics of All Time — Rolling Stone - Imagine the prototypical female comic of the 1980s: Big hair, suit jacket with shoulder pads and the sleeves rolled up, the ubiquitous brick wall behind her. You’re imagining Elayne Boosler...
Maureen Langan Show — December 20, 2016 - Nice interview with Maureen Langan on KGO radio in San Francisco. December 20, 2016.
Can Comedy Defeat ISIS? - ISIS had better watch out because a new weapon might soon be deployed that it will really hate. No, not a new fighter jet or bomb. I’m talking “Borat.” And maybe even Chris Rock and Amy Schumer. At least that’s what U2 frontman Bono told a Senate subcommittee last week, citing Sacha Baron Cohen, Rock … Continue reading Can Comedy Defeat ISIS?
The David Feldman Show — March 18, 2016 - Had the most fun doing David Feldman’s podcast in New York. Lots of never before heard stories. A great listen. Comedian/writer/animal activist Elayne Boosler is best known for her thoughtful and feisty political humor, and her love of baseball and animals, all sharing a big part of her act. For forty years, she seemingly has appeared … Continue reading The David Feldman Show — March 18, 2016
Q&A: Elayne Boosler — TheaterJones (Dallas), March 2016 - TheaterJones North Texas Performing Arts News by Amy Martin Tuesday, March 15, 2016 Dallas — If you were into comedy in the ‘80s, you were into Elayne Boosler. She was everywhere. Touring, television, talk shows — omnipresent on the Late Show with David Letterman. She churned out a special every couple of years and did … Continue reading Q&A: Elayne Boosler — TheaterJones (Dallas), March 2016
How Comedy Finally Caught Up to Female Comedians — Vulture, February 2016 - By Yael Kohen Among club comics of the mid-1970s, Elayne Boosler was the queen bee. A funny lady from Brooklyn, Boosler started at the New York Improv as a waitress and singer, and it wasn’t long before she was onstage telling jokes like the guys of her generation. But as a woman, Boosler had to … Continue reading How Comedy Finally Caught Up to Female Comedians — Vulture, February 2016
The 100 Jokes That Shaped Modern Comedy, Vulture, January 2016 - Fun read if you love comedy. I’m there too. By Jesse David Fox llustration by Giacomo Gambineri From the Marx Brothers to The Simpsons, Richard Pryor to Amy Schumer: 100 bits, sketches, and one-liners that changed humor forever… The oldest joke on record, a Sumerian proverb, was first told all the way back in 1900 B.C. … Continue reading The 100 Jokes That Shaped Modern Comedy, Vulture, January 2016
Pet Press Cover Story — November, 2015 - Elayne Boosler Tails Wag With Joy For Her Comedy For A Cause By Lori Golden For forty years, Elayne Boosler has appeared on seemingly every talk show ever on TV, has written and starred in five one-hour Showtime standup comedy specials, written and directed two movies for Cinemax, appeared on Comic Relief for years, on … Continue reading Pet Press Cover Story — November, 2015
Truth and Iliza Podcast — July 7, 2015 - Iliza Shlesinger sits down with comedic icon ELAYNE BOOSLER to discuss life as a comic, annoying things comics deal with, annoying things female comics deal with, and the overall stupidity of morning radio hosts. They also trade songs they sing to their animals and it is THE MOST AMAZING PIECE OF MUSIC EVER PRODUCED! Listen … Continue reading Truth and Iliza Podcast — July 7, 2015
When Legends Drop In – Hemispheres Magazine, May 2015 - The next time you’re at a comedy club in New York or Los Angeles, don’t be surprised if Jerry Seinfeld or Chris Rock stops by for a surprise set by Larry Getlin (originally appeared in Hemispheres Magazine, May 2015) On a typical night in the mid-1970s at The Improv, a comedy club in the then-sketchy … Continue reading When Legends Drop In – Hemispheres Magazine, May 2015
As The Tonight Show Begins a New Era, Regulars Reflect on Johnny Carson - Parade Magazine February 18, 2014 by Jeryl Brunner Comedy legends Richard Lewis, David Brenner, The Amazing Kreskin, Robert Klein, Garry Shandling, and Elayne Boosler on the subject of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Read the full article… Elayne’s appearance on the The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (1999)
- Don & Ben Show, ESPN Radio 94.5FM Reno 11/20/2014
ELAYNE BOOSLER 11-20
- Preston & Steve’s Daily Rush. Everything That Rocks, WMMR Radio. 5/12/14 — Elayne Boosler & Bill Siddons.Elayne Boosler Bill Siddons- Preston Steves Daily Rush
- Peninsula Daily News, Washington State 5/12/14 — Peninsula Behavioral Health Hosts Comedian Boosler, Respite Center Fundraiser
- NY Times 5/6/14 — Comedy
- New York Magazine 5/2/14 — Politics/Jokers-in-Chief: Punch Lines From Six Decades of White House Correspondents Dinners
- John DeBella Show 4/18/14 — Philly radio, hilarious!
Elayne Boosler To The Rescue
- Interrobang (IB) Wire 4/8/14 — Comedy: The Comedian Who Changed My Life
- New York Times 3/28/14 –- Arts / Comedy
- New York Magazine 3/20/14 — Critic’s Pick Elayne Boosler
- AM NEW YORK 3/27/14 — Entertainment Hot List
- Woman Around Town 3/25/14 – Elayne Boosler’s ‘Comedy With a Cause’ Benefits Animal Rescue and Advocacy
- BWWComedyWorld 3/29/14 – Elayne Boosler Tonight
- HSSC Pawsitive Press 12/2013 — Hot Dogs & Cool Cats Gala was a Purr-iffic Success!
- Splash Magazines 10/6/2013 — Review of Elayne Boosler’s “Rescue-A True Story” — A Wonderful Concert That Makes You Laugh and Cry
- dogtipper 11/20/2013 – Elayne Boosler To Raise Funds for The Humane Society of Sarasota County
- Pasadena Weekly 10/2/2013 – Laughter for Life: Elayne Boosler performs two So Cal shows for animal rescue groups
- Long Beach Press-Telegram 10/4/2013 – Glendale’s season opener goes to the (rescue) dogs
- No Funny Business in Animal Rescue 2013 — The Barbi Twins Interview Elayne Boosler About Her Animal Rescue
- People 2013 LA Weekly – Celebrating the Most Interesting People in Los Angeles
- LA Weekly, Elayne & Lily
- LA Weekly, Boosler & Hynde
- LA Weekly, Elayne & Tails of Joy
Some Press Thru the Years
- SF Examiner
- NY Times
- LA Life, Variety
- US Magazine 02/1989 — Battle of the Sexes — Elayne Boosler and Richard Lewis
- Elayne Boosler is a Little Bugged
- Bridgeport CT
- NY Times
- Presidential Debate
- Presidential Debate Page 2
- Courage Now
- American Way
- American Way pege 2
- Dallas Times Herald
- Times Union
- NY Times
- TV Focus
- United Negro College Fund
- New York Women of Film and TV
- Las Vegas Today
- Command Performance for the Queen
- Rocky Mountain News
- St. Paul Pioneer
- Pittsburg Post Gazette
- The Killer Bs
- Article on Bill Maher’s Politically Incorrect and Elaynes appearance
- page 2
- page 3
- Sarasota Herald Tribune
- Broadway Baby: People Magazine
- Annual White House Dinner
- Tom Bradley
- Festival at Ford Theater
- Writer’s Guild Awards
- NY Auto Show